Ken Rice of Think Kayaks is running a number of training groups in Deep Cove on his upcoming visit to us this summer. These are FANTASTIC opportunities to learn from Ken who is one of the leading surfski paddlers in the world and is dedicated to teaching others about this fantastic sport!
Links for registering for each clinic are below.
- July 4, 6, 8, 10 (Advanced – 4 sessions @ 7am)
– Training camp with 4 different training sessions focused on 4 aspects of training and race build ups.
– On the water 7am to 8am.
– Class of 12 – 15.
- July 5, 7, 10 (Intermediate – 3 sessions @ 7pm)
– More focused and personal class with emphasis on technique, efficiency and speed.
– On water from 7pm to 8pm.
– Class of 8.
- July 9 Canadian Champs Course Prep Class
– Route, game plan and race preparation – discussion at Porteau Cove.
– with continued discussion at Howe Sound Brew Pub post paddle.
– Class of 6 people, starting at Porteau Cove – paddle into Squamish.
- July 4 – 12 (excl. 9th) Private or Semi-private classes.
– Time slots at 9am, 12pm and 3pm every day.
– Individual class or pairs, location preferably Deep Cove but alternatives can be arranged.
– $125 or $175 pairs
Please contact Ken directly to arrange your private lesson at email@example.com
- July 12 – Ambleside Riptide Class
– Downwind, headwind and surfing.
– Class of 4.
– Around 10.30 to 12.30 in West Vancouver
– (Nature dependent)
Please bring your own boat to paddle in, or contact us at 604.929.2268 if you need to rent a surfski from Deep Cove Kayak Centre.